Aristotle was a Greek philosopher, a student of Plato and a teacher of Alexander the Great. Aristotle studied practically every subject available in his time and made significant contributions to many of them, including mathematics, logic, physics, politics, and biology. Even though Aristotle was born around 384 B.C., his words of wisdom are still impacting many lives today 2,337 years after his death.
Below are 15 of his most famous quotes that are as relevant today as they were in his time.
1. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
2. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
3. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
4. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.”
5. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”
6. “To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
7. “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”
8. “The wise man does not expose himself needlessly to danger, since there are few things for which he cares sufficiently; but he is willing, in great crises, to give even his life – knowing that under certain conditions it is not worthwhile to live.”
9. “There is no great genius without a mixture of madness.”
10. “What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.”
11. “We become just by performing just action, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave action.”
12. “The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.”
13. “Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.”
14. “To run away from trouble is a form of cowardice and, while it is true that the suicide braves death, he does it not for some noble object but to escape some ill.”
15. “Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.”
If you thought these quotes from Aristotle are amazing, you should also check out some quotes from Socrates and Plato. The world can still learn a lot from these incredibly wise men!
source and courtesy: dailyvibes.org; http://www.e-buddhism.com/search/label/Self-Improvement?updated-max=2016-09-27T21:05:00%2B05:30&max-results=10&start=6&by-date=false